Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Proud mama.... :)

Have you ever had that moment when your heart just wants to burst with
mama pride?? You know, when your child does something so completely amazing
that you're left just standing there in awe...and saying to yourself- 
wow. just wow.

Well I had that moment on Saturday night.
Let me introduce you to the one and only beeeautiful Susan.
This is Rio's bf Chase's adorable mom.
And she just had a birthday.
You aren't going to believe it..
her 60th!!



Well Rio and Chase decided months ago that they were going to 
throw this amazing woman a surprise birthday party:)


And surprise her....they did!!
She had no idea. She thought Chase was bringing her into the
back yard to show her something he made for her:)

And I guess that wasn't entirely a lie? Because Rio and Chase
put together quite the party:)
And they did it all by themselves. With no help from anyone!!


There were beautiful flowers that Rio arranged herself in 
big Ball jars that are sooo Susan.


Chase hung a chandelier that they found at a thrift store over
the birthday girls table. He even painted the extension cord brown to
match the tree!! It's all in the details right?

And in between all that he made ALL the food for the 
yummy taco bar:)

Rio went to Denovo and cut out a huge 60 on the 
cnc router and then put lights in it.


It looked sooo pretty at night!


Seriously I wanted to steal this wheelbarrow...


That adorable gold desk was actually Susan's from her childhood:)
There were sharpie pens and rocks so everyone could
write Susan a birthday note:)
Perfect for the gal who has long been a member of the


Rio made all the banners and Chase hung these mismatched
Edison bulbs from the pergola over the dessert table.


Oh! and speaking of dessert...
How cute is her birthday cake??!!


Rio MADE all those succulents.
Uh huh.
She painstakingly shaped them out of fondant,
then hand painted every single one...
only to come home and find her dog had
gotten up on the table and EATEN ALL OF THEM!!!!
She had to make them all. again.


These ball jar sugar cookies are actually the one thing they
didn't make. How stinkin cute are they??
Terri at Fresh Cut Flours (cute name!) made them.


Every detail was perfect.
Right down to the 60 birthday candles:)

Happy Birthday to the beautiful woman who's been on an African safari 3 times,
still drives her VW bug (Abner) that she purchased brand new in 1972, still rocks
some gorgeous long blond hair AND...
if you've ever been to the Phoenix Zoo in December? 
Susan started the Zoo lights:)
Yeah. She's all that.
And a bag of chips:)


But I gotta say- I love you Susan most for giving birth to the one and
only Chase. Who loves my one and only Rio:)


Dear Rio and Chase,
Since now we KNOW you both can plan the bejeezus out of a party...
We think it's high time you plan a wedding.
Just sayin..

Love, 
Dorie and Susan

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'd be proud too! Rio and Chase know how to party and know how to throw one, big time! Everything looks absolutely stunning! I'm sure their wedding will be gorgeous, just saying! Bet it'll happen! Happy Birthday to one great looking 60 year old! She makes 60 look 40!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did an amazing job!! And your last comment cracked me up. Indeed ... they've decorated themselves into a corner!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rio and Chase need to go into the party planning business. That was the cutest party EVER!!!! I want to hire them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love their ideas. Who did the cookies??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda!
      Terri at Fresh Cut Flours in Gilbert, AZ made them:)
      I added the link to her blog.

      Delete
  5. WOW!!! Amazing dream party!!! Your daughters fondant succulents are perfection! Love the 60 light bulb signs and I have always adored the idea of a chandelier outside. I just LOVED everything and gosh, what a TEAM!!! Cheers to the proud moms and I hope your wedding planning skills are in the works,You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful presentation...they did an amazing job on this party! What a great way to spend a 60th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful party for a woman who obviously encouraged her son's talents and creativity. Chase and Rio are a match made in heaven! Together they are amazing!! Wonderful party, thanks for sharing all the gorgeous details! The succulents were over the top......that Rio girl can do EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To me the fact that LOVE provoked that party says IT ALL .......

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW.... absolutely beautiful. Love it all. Those succulents!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great party! I love the 60 that Rio put lights on! What kind of wood did she use and the lights....what kind are they & how are they attached? I would love to do this for my daughters 16th bday party this Friday night!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey!
      She cut the numbers out of OSB board. She used 2- 4x8 sheets. She drilled the holes and used strand lights from Target, the ones with the clear round bulbs.

      Delete
  11. That is one gorgeous party! You all are so talented and creative. Thank goodness I can Pin your ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep....I am trying any technique to get a wedding out of my son and his fiance.! What an adorable party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...I love everything about that party. Everything. Good job they did!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in tears. What an awesome party. Rio & Chase are the best! I love those kids. I so would have flown down just for the night. A big huge Happy Bday to a sweet, amazing, beautiful, loving Susan. I knew "that day" meant something to me. Talented kids from talented families!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They make a great team....what an AMAZING JOB they did!! Loved it all!!

    ReplyDelete