Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Baked eggs... :)

Breakfast and family. One of my fav combos:) The Sunday after Thanksgiving I thought I'd try out this baked egg recipe I found over at Faithfulness Farm:) Baked Eggs. What a concept! You can cook up a bunch at a time and you don't have to spend your morning head down over the stove, when you can enjoy a mimosa instead!!
What you'll need:)
Eggs
Creme
Green onions
Feta cheese
Spinach
The great thing about this recipe is you can use whatever you have. You can add any chopped meat and use whatever cheese you have... like- chorizo and cotija cheese- or basil, prosciutto and parm?...so easy! so simple! so ME!!


Preheat oven to 350F. Spray as many ramekins as you are going to use with a little oil and line them with chopped spinach. Add 2 eggs to each.

Pour about a TBSP or so of creme over the top:)

Sprinkle with Feta cheese:)

Top with chopped green onions and salt and pepper:)

Stick em on a baking sheet:)

Cook em for 10 minutes:) I cooked mine for maybe 20 because I'm a no runny white stuff in my eggs kinda gal! Just watch them and take them out when they're cooked to your liking:) Again...no rules!!

And here she be. The one and only picture that I got before I devoured the whole thing:)

I served this scrumptiousness with little smokey sausage and toast. Easy, pretty and tasty. Eggsactly what like to cook:) 

2 comments:

  1. Do you think that you could scramble the egg before putting it in the ramkin? Jason only likes his eggs "mixed up."

    It looks wonderful! If you get a chance, find Aidelles Chicken Apple breakfast sausage. I had some in San Diego and I just found some at Raplhs last night! They don't carry it everywhere, but it's worth finding.

    xoxo,

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super picky about how eggs are cooked, because I can't stand anything runny but the yolk. Your 20 minute instead of 10 tip gives me a boost of confidence with this one. Going to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete