Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin Soup? Yes please! ...:)

So it's finally cooling down here in AZ! And cooler weather always sings soup to me:) My sis in law told me about this soup. A friend of hers made it from a mix she found at World Market. Now normally I steer clear from anything made from a mix, but she made it sound so good and so easy, I thought  I'd give this one a try:) 
All you need for this soup is:
1 pkg. soup mix
5 3/4 cups water
2 3/4 cups heavy cream (yeah, you read that right!)
1- 15 oz. canned pumpkin
Combine soup mix and water in a stock pot and mix to blend. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.

Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.

While that simmers, warm up some bread. I buy the par baked bread from Trader Joe's. 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven and it's done!

Add pumpkin to your soup and cook for 5 minutes.

Get your hubby to slice your yummy warm bread and slather(yes, slather!) with butter:)
(Want that fab cutting board? It's a fantastic 16x36" long walnut board. The hubby is cutting on the "veggie" side, the other has the drain channel for juices:) You can get them at this really cool place that I happen to work at:)

Finish your quick and fantastically yummy soup off with a big 'ole dollop of what else? Creme Fraiche:)


Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds, that yes, you could make yourself- orrrr you can grab them off the shelf at Trader Joe's:)
The hubby wasn't messing around with that butter!! But I say who cares! It just joined hands with the heavy creme in the soup and did a happy dance on it's way to my tummy:)
So my opinion of the soup mix- was it good? easy? worth the $3.99? Yes, yes and yes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment