Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A bird in one hand... :)

So I'm back from 11 blissful days in Cali with a tan and a few treasures. A tan being one of them. If you know me, you know I rarely get out in the sun. Anyway, while I was there I went to my fav TJ Maxx and HELLO!!! Take a look at these beauts!! My hubby was like YAY! You NEEDED some more dishes!!! I kid. Really I did need a new everyday set. My green ones were getting all chippy:(
So, I came home with 8 salad plates and 7 dinner plates. Yes 7. 7. I said 7. This goes against all that is right in my world. I ALWAYS buy in 12's! But I thought no biggie! I'll just hit another TJ and pick up the rest. I was hoping for 12 but will settle for a least 1 more dinner to round out the 8. But no. I went to 3 other TJ's and 3 Marshalls, and nothing!! I'm going to check one more TJ tomorrow and hope and hope and hope:) Because seriously? I LOVE THEM!!!
I guess I just have a thing for birds. Like my mom. My whole life I've known of my mom's love of birds. She would sing and talk to them in the yard:) And always had at least one bird feeder:)
So as I was taking this pic, I stood up and looked in my china cabinet and started laughing!!
I just realized that before I left for Cali, I found these at Tuesday Morning. A store that just so happens to be right next to my gyno and makes that little visit actually tolerable:) I guess all that Cali sun must have fried my brain!
I thought they went perf with these Villeroy & Boch polka dot plates I got from my sis in law:)
And then I had to laugh again thinking....I really am my mother:)
Tweet tweet!!

7 comments:

  1. Love, love the dishes!! I was at the Home Store at my folks beach house and bought bathroom items for my sisters bathroom. I will be going back and will check for you on the dishes!!
    Nancy Sievert

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can join Dishaholics Anonymous with me...I'm a charter member! Of course, I always says they're props for work but then that's not really true is it!
    Lovely birds, lovely dishes! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy- Thank you! FYI I already checked Aliso Viejo, Mission Viejo and Lake Forest locations:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little birdies too! I am trying not to go overboard...but it may be too late! Awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Home Goods on Baseline between McQueen and Cooper has more of your little green birdie plates. I just got a set and they had a bunch more...

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw some at home goods on Saturday- alma school and queen creek. Went back to get the place setting for four but someone had bought one single dinner plate and now the set is incomplete!!! I also saw them on eBay but they go for $12 a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw some at home goods on Saturday- alma school and queen creek. Went back to get the place setting for four but someone had bought one single dinner plate and now the set is incomplete!!! I also saw them on eBay but they go for $12 a piece.

    ReplyDelete