Tuesday, February 15, 2011

For the love of food... :)

Soooo, Saturday while I was visiting my friend Kristin's fabulous store FOUND, my sweet and very sneaky hubby was driving around back and picking up my Valentine's present. I have coveted this Feed Warehouse sign since I first laid eyes on it in K's store. I knew EXACTLY where it could find it's forever home. But with so many other projects needing to take priority, I told myself to forget about it. And then came Saturday.....

I came home from my visit, and there it was. Hung up and everything. It was PERFECTION :) and please take a moment to look at the sweet card attached. Red marker and a Trader Joe's bag was all the hubby needed. He's crafty like that ;)
Mmmm me loves!!

Now if any of you know my hubby, you know he wakes up before the sunshine. Always has. So completely opposite of me. Which is why it was near torture for me to wake up and make him some Valentine goodness for breakfast. Something about the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach? So get up I did. While trolling thru blogland last week, I came across David Eyre's pancakes. I can't remember where I found the recipe I used, but Martha has a good one. The ingredients are simple, but the taste? Amazing :)

Preheat your oven to 425 and mix your ingredients.

Stick your cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up. ( LOVE the blurry pic! neither my mind OR my camera work at such an hour!!)

And yes, get your bacon going. It's a must!


Melt the butter in the heated skillet.

Add your mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes. I think I could have cooked mine a little longer to brown it more :(

Squeeze fresh lemon over, and dust with powdered sugar.


Absolutely Scrumptious!!!

It was a wonderful way to start a very Happy Valentine's morning, or any morning for that matter! Thank you David Eyre :)
So yes, the way to his heart was thru his stomach, and the Food Warehouse was the way to mine :)

9 comments:

  1. The sign is fabulous! That really is the perfect spot for it! Your hubby must be pretty awesome to surprise you like that! I have been wanting to try David Eyre pancakes. I'm glad your blog reminded me to buy lemons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorie,
    I love, love, love the sign. Your kitchen is so beautiful and can I just say what a wonderful husband you have!
    I am like you with the morning getting up business...but after that sign, it had to be done.
    xo
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sign is kind of genius. I think I may need to knock it off for my kitchen!

    That pancake reminds me of a Dutch baby. I think that's what they're called. I never would have thought to make bacon on my comal either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! and it looks like you had the perfect spot for it. EEWWWW he did GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we call them dutch babies :)
    and i must say i love your sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes ladies, I read in several places that the pancakes are also called dutch babies. Such a cute name! Sooooo dutch babies it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across your blog a couple weeks ago.....you are amazing......and so funny I would drive by your home while it was being worked on several times....just totally in love with it and then I came across your blog and lo and behold is the home I fell in love with.....YOU ARE VERY LUCKY....I think it is adorable and you are amazingly talented.....and I totally dig your new sign......I bake cinnamon rolls for people and I have been dying to stop by with a pan for you just to peak through your door.....I LOVE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WITH IT!!!!! You have such a cute family....and love your posts!

    ReplyDelete